I’ve had no sugar, grains, or dairy for a week now. Yay me! Time to break out the mimosas.
My goal for this week is more water. A minimum of two full bottles a day.
- My amazing egg muffins for breakfast with a side of the best food in the world, strawberries.
- I had to try my homemade meatballs so I made up some store-bought no-sugar-added sauce and had “a few” for lunch. ⭐⭐⭐ Totes delish, ya’ll.
- I had walnuts, some deli meat, and half of Thia’s banana as a snack. -Thia woke up early so all of our meals were early, so I had this huge gap between lunch and dinner.
- I had an Alaskan Pollock Burger for dinner.
I feed energized and excited about life 😎
- Breakfast was scrambled eggs and 2 sausages (one too many).
- Lunch was watermelon and grapes.
- Dinner was meatballs (stuffed with veggies) and sauce with some walnuts for dessert.
Two full water bottles ✔
This was a crazy day. One of the longest days ever. I didn’t log what I ate and I’m not sure I am remembering correctly.
- I’m fairly certain breakfast was egg muffins and maybe a banana.
- Lunch was blackberries. That’s all I remember. Maybe I had a hard boiled egg? Deli meat (it’s one of the only things that I can grab easily from the fridge these days)?
- Dinner must have been more of the same. And some walnuts. And lots of water.
Nothing has been very new or exciting this week. I’m thinking Monday or Tuesday will see me get really bored and try new things. But I need to make room in my refrigerator first.
- Egg muffins for breakfast
- Salad with vinaigrette for lunch (basically last weeks salad sans strawberries).
- Hard Boiled Egg made a great snack.
- I cut up a potato and baked it with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Seasoned Salt for dinner. I was amazing at how filling that was.
7 PM saw me still needing to catch up on water. This blog will never know if I did.
After Sunday I got really tired of keeping track of my meals and just kept filing them away to type out later in this glorious filing system of my brain. Unfortunately, my brain is more like a sieve than filing system and all those meals just kept piling up until they were sifted out to make room for something else. C’est la vie.
So, I ate things like kale chips, egg muffins, homemade potato fries, walnuts, fajita innards, spinach salads, deli meat, and the occasional smoothie. Then Jon went out of town for the week and any desire to cook went with him, so I continued to eat whatever was laying around (more of the same) until I ran out of food. Which fortunately happened the day Jon got back.
I did go out to an all you can eat sushi and hibachi place with some friends for lunch while Jon was away. I wasn’t really sure what I would be able to eat. When I got there, I asked it they had any sauces without soy, and they said no (🙁), but they could just cook my meat and veggies in salt and pepper. So I got sauce-less shrimp, chicken, beef, and veggie hibachi cooked in salt and pepper and it was AMAZING. I went back and got it again the next day.
That brings us to Sunday afternoon, which is a whole week after last time I logged a day, and as I type it is actually Wednesday, the last day of week 3.
While I have failed at keeping track of what I have been eating daily, I have not failed in my actual eating daily, so huzzah for that.
I have tried a few new recipes since Jon has been home.
On Saturday, Thia and I were both feeling under the weather and nothing sounded better than chicken soup. Fortunately, I had some chicken stock from last time I brought a chicken in the freezer, so I used that as my base, threw in some freshly chopped onions and garlic, some frozen chicken breasts, and too many frozen veggies and made soup. If recall correctly, I seasoned with oregano, marjoram, and parsley. I also went a little heavy on the seasoning. It wasn’t bad for a first recipe-less soup, I would still probably only give it ⭐.
When Jon got home I tried making Salisbury Steak. I didn’t slice my mushrooms but rather chopped them because I was looking for shortcuts, so I used my food processor. I also don’t actually know what crimini mushrooms are, so I could have been very off there. I didn’t have tomato paste so I used tomato sauce and when I pulled the beef broth off the shelf, I found that it had already been opened. Who knows how/when that happened. That being said, Jon ate it over brown rice and gave it ⭐⭐⭐. I give it ⭐⭐. I think the rice would have helped and it really needed a salad or something on the side.
Last night I made chili. I roughly followed her vegetable suggestions, but I did add bell peppers as well. I did not follow her directions at all as it didn’t seem to make sense with what I know about cooking, and it turned out fine. It all ends up in the same pot either way. I give it ⭐⭐⭐, although I think beans would make it better. Jon gave it ⭐⭐. He plans to make up some beans to add to the leftovers.
And that brings us to the end of week 3! I still need to up my water intake, but I am getting way better at identifying when I am thirsty vs hungry (usually it is just thirsty). I would like to start running again, but it is just so hot that I can’y bring myself to. Also, I have no desire to run in my neighborhood and while when I was working evenings it made sense to go to the park after work, it doesn’t make as much sense to drive that far to run now. I am paying with the idea of paying for a gym membership so that maybe I can go while Jon is still home.
⭐I will only eat this if I have to.
⭐⭐Pretty good all things considered, but if given a choice between this and pizza, I’ll take the pizza.
⭐⭐⭐I will eat this anytime, anywhere.